Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Wonderful weekend

Chris and I had a wonderful weekend! Saturday we were invited to a cookout at a local Japanese man's house. He owned lots and lots of land (which is unusual for them) and had a beautiful house. There were a good number of Americans there as well as Japanese. I didn't expect to stay all day, but we were there from 12 until around 6 Saturday evening. Everyone's children had a blast riding the dirt bikes and picking up chestnuts. Chris and I walked around his yard and took lots of pictures and enjoyed the wonderful view of Iwakuni.
On Sunday Chris and a few guys from his unit were in a truck pull in downtown Iwakuni. They took second place, which was a definate experience! The guys were so tired after their pull, but said it was worth it. It was very exciting, b/c it was right in the middle of the festival downtown. There was lots of Japanese dancing, food and people dressed up. Chris' shop also had a tent set up down there, and some of his Marines wore their dress blues and other uniforms, so of course all the Japanese loved that!
Then Sunday afternoon I had my baby shower!!! I was kind of apprehensive about it since I didn't know half the women who were going, but it turned out to be a lot of fun! Chris' shop supports another unit here on base so all their wives were invited too, and actually came!Lola got some really cute and sweet gifts too. One woman made her bibs with her name embroidered on it, and of course lots of little baby girl clothes. I even got some good stuff-lotions, soaps etc! They had it catered by the club, and I got to bring lots of good food and cake home,as well as all the wonderful gifts!!
We are supposed to find out today the exact date I leave for Yokosuka-if I make until then. Lola has dropped a lot since last week and I have been miserable. I think I wake up atleast ten times a night and my back and ribs have been killing me. But its all completely normal so I gotta deal with it! The weather is gorgeous here especially at night. We have been sleeping with the windows open and I can wear a sweatshirt at night!!! yay!!
Hope everyone is wonderful love and miss you guys!

No comments: