So I have to do a bit of bragging---
Any day now I'm expecting a full sentence to come out of Lola's mouth. She is just blabbing away. She says shoes, Mommy, Daddy, Abby(the dog), that(as she points, basically asking whats that),bug (ladybugs)and some more gibberish that to us is words. She has an animal book that she loves to look at a million times a day! If we ask her what different animals are she can tell us, she knows ladybugs, puppies,ducks, birds and sometimes butterflies. And since we are right here on the air station she knows planes of course! Every time one takes off she points to the sky and attempts to say plane.
She has also started learning her body parts-she knows her head,nose,ears,belly, feet, and mouth/teeth. If we ask her if she has stinky feet she smells them! I know it sounds weird but it started out with me picking on her saying she had stinky feet so now she knows what that means!
Since she can't always say what she wants I have taught her sign language, and she is able to sign drink, food and more. She also knows how to cleanup, but of course that doesn't always go as planned.
Chris has eased right back into work as usual, and I started classes back this week. We have a busy spring and summer ahead with lots of visitors and trips planned. I will keep you all updated even if not with pictures.(our internet connection is terrible in case you haven't picked up on that yet!)
I can't upload pictures right now, so I figured that I would update you all on what she's doing. Sorry to seem like I'm bragging, but I realized that most of you don't know what is going on with us since I've been so bad about keeping in touch lately.
14 years ago
5 comments:
Update great. I remember u saying stinky feet so many times. Sign language-that is awesome. Keep being the great parents you both are, Mom
Keep bragging!!! I LOVE IT!!! Love and miss yall!!!
~Lindsay
Hi Ashley, I love your haircut in the previous post. You're as beautiful as ever and we know why Lola is so beautiful. That's great that you are teaching her sign language. I did that with Johnathan, but of course, with Isabella, the time just flew by. The kids speak of Lola often and miss her so much (Johnathan misses you, too, but will never admit it)(smile). When are you two going to visit Okinawa again? You have a place to stay when you do, but hurry, we leave next May! Take care and hope to see you soon!
theier all jealous that they don't have a little lola gurl of thier own. love you guys . matthew
Hi family-love the latest-so good to have my wonderful-son-in-law in pics also. Love u all.Mom
Post a Comment