Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Lola playing with a little Japanese girl in Tokyo tower
Watching the baboon show in front of Tokyo Tower
Us at the top of Tokyo Tower
At the top of Mt. Fuji-a truly enlightening experience
Station 5 with Chris and Lola before I started my hike.
Lola and I in a sushi restaurant in Tokyo
She ate a blue crayon!
A bunch of us after eating nabe at a restaurant a sumo wrestler owns
3 Falls
Sorry its taken me so long to update. Thanks to blogger.com for automatically keeping any updates you are working on, because I have been working on this one for 3 days. Every time I update a photo our internet goes out, so I've just been doing it when I have time.
As you can tell we have all climbed Mt. Fuji now, well except Lola of course! Chris has climbed it twice, and I have climbed it once. There is a saying in Japan... " You are a fool if you never climb Mt. Fuji, and an even bigger fool if you climb it twice"
I think I have to disagree with the second part, I would climb it again in a heartbeat. I basically climbed it by myself, and wouldn't have had it any other way. I got to go at my own pace and just have a nice quiet peaceful climb.
Lola is getting so big and is talking soo much. We think that she believes she is a movie star. Everywhere we go she says hello and bye bye to everyone(as she does her pageant wave), and if they don't speak to her she looks at them like they are crazy! She hasn't said any full sentences yet, but does speak phrases. She says help me, bye bye time, and a few others, and copies (or attempts to) everything we say! She is also coming right along with potty training. She is starting to tell us when we are out places that she needs to go potty, and while we are at home she is usually pretty good about going.
Congratulations to Heather and Roger on your engagement!!!!!
Love and miss everyone!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG the picture of Lola at the baboon show is GORGEOUS!!!! Her hair is getting so long and she is precious as always. Congrats on the climbing! Love and miss you guys!!!! PS-I was going through withdrawals with no updates to your blog....haha j/k! XOXO Heather

Anonymous said...

wow ashley lola starting to look more and more just like you she blew me away in the new pics. love matthew

Anonymous said...

Hello -Lola is changing as well as growing-thanks for update-great of all. Take in all the beauty you can. Mom