Sunday, June 25, 2006

First update from Japan

Everything is so far so good!!! We are still waiting on our furniture and other things to arrive and I think I get frustrated daily with nothing being here. I have to call the clinic this week because we should have our first appointment set up in town with the Japanese doctor. I am growing bigger by the day, but trying to keep the weight gain to the stomach!! yeah right! Some things are becoming uncomfortable to do,but thats normal. Chris and I have been swimming laps and I've been walking to try to stay some what in shape. Supposedly its great for pregnant women to swim, and now I think I know why. It keeps me so cool and I havent had problems with my hip like I did when I was running/walking. I've gotten my energy back that everyone talks about in your second trimester!!! Thank God!!! Everything else with the baby is great.
Abby (our new dog...well adopted dog) is doing great. She is soo good and keeps great company. I know shes gonna keep my sanity when Chris is gone.
Chris has informed me that he will be in Fuji for a month from August to September, doing another trip to Okinawa at the beginning of August, a trip to Iwa Jima with his marines and who knows what else over the coming months....but the good news is~~~~in a few weeks Kevin and Shane (two of his friends from the Academy) are coming to visit. They are in the Navy and have been here for a year or so and have not gone anywhere, so they are going to come stay a week or so. And then a few weeks later Kevin's parents are coming to visit him so we will make a trip down to Sasebo.
I have met a few people here but I think my real friend will be a girl named Sara. She is also having a baby and is taking classes at the University of Maryland with me. She is due in August with her second child so she can answer those questions I dont really want to ask my doctor! Her and I keep eachother busy with the classes we are taking, and her husband is gone to Iraq until February so I think we will be helping eachother out a lot.
Other than that things are quiet around here. I'm doing well in my classes and Chris is doing well at work and hasnt had any problems with his siatic (however you spell it) nerve since we've been here. He seems to like his unit for the most part, and his marines ( atleast the ones I've met) are great guys. Everyone is so helpful and nice!

No comments: