Sunday, July 02, 2006

19 weeks!!!

I think this was the best weekend we have had since we've been here ( having our stuff might have something to do with it!) Friday night we had a small cookout here, Saturday we went up to Hiroshima and today we went to the most beautiful place I've seen since we've been here. It is called 3 Falls and is about 20 minutes from our house. There is a series of 3 waterfalls with a trail leading you down beside them. Of course the water was freezing, but since it was so hot and humid it felt great putting my feet in the water. There were a few spots where you can jump off the rocks into the water, but of course no go for me! It was so relaxing to just sit there and here the water rushing down, we both agreed that we would be back visiting there soon!
We have our first doctor's appointment in town on July 11th!! At that appointment we will find out the sex of the baby so you know I am going crazy waiting for it! We have a translator that will be going with us to the first appointment and then if we request the others too. My doctor supposedly speaks English very well and I chose the younger one because I heard he is much nicer, so hopefully we will not need the translator. I have actually surprised myself with how much Japanese I am picking up. I am able to read a lot of the Hiragana (Japanese alphabet) when we go out in town and translate it into the English meaning which is the hardest part!
My classes are going well. We just had midterms last week! I cant believe I am almost done with one semester/session. I am still frustrated daily with my Japanese class because everyone in there already knew Japanese somewhat, but its reassuring knowing I am learning! Other than that all is well. Chris has off until Wednesday for July 4th and I dont have classes until then and then Saturday Kevin,Andrea and Shane come! Love and miss everyone!! please keep in touch! I know everyone is anxiously awaiting pics and we still have one more shipment coming which of course is the one with everything for the camera in it!! so sorry guys but i promise soon pics are coming!!!

No comments: