Lola, Sophia & Melanie all in mid chew!! Melanie and her family will be moving to 29 palms as well!!!!
It snowed here last Monday!!! I had just dropped Lola off with her senseis and saw this beautiful opportunity for a picture
I think we know what she's getting for Christmas this year!!Wow, where does time go?! The beginning of April we will be moving to 29 Palms,California after three years of calling Iwakuni,Japan our home. We have loved it here, but it is time to go back to the states. We have had a lot of firsts here, learned a lot about ourselves and others and made some amazing memories, as well as some lifelong friends. I feel very blessed to have had this once in a lifetime opportunity, and hope one day Lola can come visit the amazing country she was born in.
I have been playing on a 9 man mama-san volleyball team with some wonderful Japanese and American women. I wish I would have gotten involved in the team a bit earlier, but I feel fortunate to be able to play with them at all. I do not have any pictures with the whole team since Chris has been gone, but I will get some before I leave. In the league I play in, the oldest woman is in her 70's!!! Yes I said 70's!!! All the American women were stunned! It is very empowering and encouraging to play with them.
We are having a bit of a rough period right here before we PCS, but we will get through it. All of our things were packed out of our house almost two weeks ago, Chris is away on a training exercise and Lola has been fighting getting sick--oh and we still don't have our flight details worked out! Needless to say it's been a bit crazy around here.
The next few weeks will be filled with sad "see ya later parties"(I never say goodbye, b/c I hope to see all these wonderful people again soon), me finishing up this term in school, preparing to check out of our house and probably a little bit of last minute shopping in Japan;-)
Hope everyone is doing well and hopefully see you all very very soon!





4 comments:
Your blog made me tear up, I am so happy for you and Chris and the time spent in Japan. I cannot wait to see all of you and we love and miss you guys dearly!!! XOXO Heather
As you said time flies-and make the most of every day and every moment. Happy you have built every lasting moments for your later memories of Japan-what a beautiful place for your first assignment with Captain Wade. Great pics and look forwarding to seeing u in 29 Palms. Mom
ASH!!!! This made me cry! I am so happy for you guys! I love ya'll to DEATH and can't wait to see ya'll and be able to call you too!!! Good luck with the move! We'll be praying for ya'll! MUAH!!!
God-mama Lindsay :)
Ashley-
I am so glad you guys had such a wonderful tour in Japan and also glad you will be headed back to the states. We have missed you guys so much and even though we wont be in Cali together we will be together sometime I know it. You guys are so great and we hope to see you soon.
Post a Comment