So I just finished teaching my first English class and it went fairly well. I have two girls as of right now, but got a call for a third one today! The girls are both in their late twenties-but since they are Japanese they look like they are 19. (everyone in Japan looks much younger-most 50yr old women look in their late 30s!!) They are both very sweet girls, and speak English fairly well. Luckily they brought their Japanese/English dictionary so when they could not understand they looked it up. During our class time, which is an hour, they were not very talkative, but the minute the hour was up they wanted to talk up a storm. It was kind of funny!
I asked them why they wanted to learn more English and they told me b/c they wanted an American boyfriend! Hey atleast they were honest!!! The women here view the American men as rich and handsom!!They loved looking at the pictures of Chris and I, and wanted to see his friends!! I explained to them I would be gone for a few weeks to deliver baby Lola, and I would be happy to find a substitute, but they insisted on waiting for me to come back. They are both very excited about the baby-so maybe they will bring me some unique Japanese presents.
Other than that, we are doing well. I have been very busy doing things around the house-my creative side has been kicking in lately, due in part to my friend Beth. The weather has cooled off sooo much and I've been trying to go on a bike ride around base everday, as well as take Abby to play.
CONGRATULATIONS LINDSAY!!! Now I will definatly be coming home sometime next year since my friend is getting married!!
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment