Monday, April 09, 2007

4 months old


the engraving on our bar
our new dining room-new table&chairs and new bar that we bought at the bazaar

I think every person stopped in Miya Jima to say Kawaii which means cute!! There was a point in the day where I had about 15 Japanese people around me oohing and ahhing over her!
as you can tell everyone was having fun!-note ken in the back with the funny wig on!

Lola and I underneath the cherry blossom trees
Lola had her 4month checkup this morning, accompanied by her shots!!! She weighs 16pounds-can you believe it? and is 26inches long. The doctor said she is developing wonderfully and is a happy baby-which we already knew!!
Tucker and Liz(his girlfriend) came to visit this weekend, which also happened to be the weekend of the Cherry Blossom festival, so we had a wonderful time. Friday we took a trip to Miya Jim, where we ate wonderful oysters, and then that night went out to the festival. Noriko and Megumi(the girls I teach English to) had a tarp layed out underneath the trees, with some wonderful Japenese food fixed for us. Megumi's grandmother fixed us some wonderful homemade sushi, and they bought a tray from a local Japanese restaurant that was wonderful. As we sat underneath the trees and just enjoyed friends and food, I felt like I was in a movie. Strung from tree to tree were Japanese lights, people were playing music, and we had the wonderful view of the Kintai bridge(a wooden bridge that Iwakuni is famous for). Once we get the pictures I will post them, of course they do not to the scene justice though. I can not describe how gorgeous the Cherry Blossom trees are, I just wish they bloomed longer.
On Sunday we took them to Hiroshima to see the Peace Park, Hiroshima castle and to just enjoy the city. In Hiroshima, they had Cherry Blossom festivities too, so the city was extra busy, but we enjoyed seeing various Japanese celebrations.
They have moved Chris' leave date until next Friday so we have a few more days to enjoy with him!! other than that things have been pretty quiet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello-I am sure the Cherry Tree blossums were a sight to behold. So happy u guys had a wonderful visit. Looking forward to the three of you coming home. Mom

Anonymous said...

she is so kawaii!! glad you all are having fun but can't wait til you come for a visit :)