Sunday, April 29, 2007

carrots,standing & of course more smiles


are you seriously taking another picture of me?
up close with Lola and mommy
standing in her crib!
don't you wish you could do that?!
she gets both her big toes in her mouth-but of course I can never get a picture of it.
carrots-which she also loves but not as much as bananas
take note at how clean her face is-this is b/c she ate bananas,which she loves!
this standing stuff is tiring!
am I not supposed to be doing this?
she loves the camera!!as you can tell!!
shes sitting on her changing table, which I don't even put the sheet on anymore bc too many accidents happen on it!
So much is happening with Lola I don't even know where to begin!! She is obviously hitting the "5 month growth spurt!!" As you can see from the pictures, she can stand up while leaning on something now, and in fact does that better than sitting by herself. When she is sitting, she is so interested in her feet, that she wont sit up straight. She would rather have her feet in her mouth, so she will fold herself over flat and "eat" her feet.
It was I guess three days ago that I discovered she could stand by herself. She has a little play table (as you can see in the pictures), and I am always standing her up against it and trying to let go, well I let go and she stood there leaning against it for almost 5 minutes. I was in such shock the first time she did it, that it didn't even register to get the camera! Not only can she lean against the table while standing up, but she can hold a toy in her hands and stand up(of course still leaning on the table.)
Well then last night we were at a party and of course everyone was playing with Lola and we knew she was teething, but one of them felt her teeth!! Then I felt like a bad Mom, b/c I didn't feel her teeth first. But Dawn, my friend who watched her this week while I took my exams didn't feel them either this week, so that made me feel better. We cant see her teeth yet, but we can feel them through her gums!! I cant believe how fast that happened!
So since she is teething, all the girls gave her crackers last night-which she loved too! I'm going today to get her some of the teething crackers, and more food for her of course, since she eats so much. Don't worry though Grandmas-we hold the crackers and she gnaws on them,so she doesn't choke on them.
She has been "baby talking"for awhile now, but over the past few days she has really found her voice. She starts almost screaming now. She isnt mad or upset, she just really found her voice. Her yells are sooo loud and she does it for so long! I think she might be a singer;-)
I held her in the bath with me the other night and she loved it. She was kicking her feet like she was wading in the water. She is almost too big for her bathtub so I'm going to have to get her another one! But she loves loves loves bath time and the water. She kicks and waves her arms around in it, and when I hold the water hose from the shower over her she grabs at it and laughs so hard!
I feel like I'm forgetting something she has done new, but I cant figure out what it is. If I think of it though I will update the blog again.
I am finally finished with school for this semester and I cant explain how excited I am!! Lola is on a great schedule now and we have been going on jogs every afternoon when she wakes up from her nap. It has been soo nice here lately, I just hope it stays this nice. The weather has been perfect-minus the tremor we had this week!
She has started sleeping great for me again and puts herself to sleep, as long as I don't wait until she is really tired to put her down.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hello-Steve got the computer fixed. Danielle, Steve and I loved the pictures. The food mess on her face was too funny. Lola is precious and I so look forward to time with all. Love u and you look great. Mom