I can't believe I'm already 37 weeks!! I'm getting so excited, but also tired of being pregnant-which is what everyone says about the last month! I had an appointment today and it went well. My doctor/midwife said the baby is measuring fine as well as my weight and blood pressure. She doesn't feel the need to do a pelvic exam to see if I'm dialated at all since I'm not having any contractions. She gave me the option too, but since she knows more than I do I decided that if she didn't feel the need to then we wouldn't. I have another appointment next Thursday so until then just more waiting!
This past Tuesday night I went and ate dinner with Chris' friend Scotty (from the Academy) and his parents and Grandmother who are visiting. Scotty's mother is truly an amazing woman. She was on Opera in 2003 for being such an amazing mother and I had the opportunity to watch it. ..... Both her children were born in concentration camps in Cambodia and she managed to escape with her children get visas to the US, save money to divorce her abusive husband,finish highschool and go to college-not to mention raise an amazing family. Of course there is a lot more to the story but that is the short version. I felt so honored to be in the same room as this woman. I left crying and amazed. We see these stories on T.V. and are amazed then but to actually sit and talk to someone like this and be in their presense is another thing!
Other than that my week has been fairly quiet. I get up every morning and walk to the Exchange to do a little Christmas shopping and to Starbucks to get my Chai tea and watch people. I then walk back to the room (maybe a mile walk each way) watch my soaps, do my crossword and sudoku and hangout. I tend to get bored in the late afternoon and evenings, but only about a week and a half and Chris will be back and then my Mommy not long after that-then hopefully baby Lola immediatly after that!!! Love and miss-hope everyone is doing well!!
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment