Thursday, November 02, 2006

In Yokosuka

In case you guys didnt know we arrived safely in Yokosuka on Wednesday!! It was a very long and tiring trip but everything is fine. I was swollen like crazy when we got here and still a little today, but thats normal. Lastnight was terrible, I got no sleep whatsoever. The baby kept kicking and moving and I think just being in a new place and all the excitement.
We had our first appointment here this morning. It went really well. I will be seeing a midwife who has been working for the Navy for quit awhile, and I feel totally comfortable with her. When I deliver though whoever is on duty will deliver the baby, which I am kind of bummed out about. Chris got to feel the baby's head for the first time today(which is huge just like his;-)!!!! Her head is already down and feels as if its already dropped down a bit, but nothing major. All of my vitals are fine and everything is normal and on track-now just waiting!! Chris has to leave on Sunday for work and will not be back here until around the 20th, so I will be up here alone and needless to say bored for two weeks, but I am fine with that as long as we have a healthy baby!!!
There probably will not be much to update while I'm here besides about my weekly appointments, but I will update regularly. Chris' blog will probably be a bit more exciting to everyone though and in case you dont have the link its chris-wade.blogspot.com He will be putting up pics and have more exciting news as he will be traveling throughout Japan for the next few weeks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i'm so glad you made it safely to the final birthing destination! i am also glad you found a medical person who you are comfortable with...hopefully she'll be on duty when lola makes her grand entrance :) gosh ashley, i love you so much and i am thinking about you A LOT! Take care and update when you can!! not much longer now.....